Head of CX & Conversation Design
About Master of Code
At Master of Code Global we are a team of experts developing custom world-class digital experiences for web, mobile, as well as conversational chat and voice solutions empowered by AI.
Founded in 2004, with more than 250+ Masters globally, and 400+ projects delivered, our solutions have been used by more than 1 billion users worldwide. Our diverse portfolio includes global brands, enterprises, as well as successful startups, such as Golden State Warriors, T-Mobile, LivePerson, World Surf League, MTV, Aveda, Jo Malone, Infobip, eBags, Burberry, Estee Lauder, Post, Glia, and others.
As the Head of CX & Conversation Design, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the conversational experiences our clients and their users engage with. In this leadership position, you will combine strategic vision with a hands-on approach, ensuring that we deliver top-tier conversational solutions and experiences that delight users and surpass client expectations. You’ll be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving conversational AI landscape, commanding rooms, consulting clients on tailored strategies, and coaching a team of Conversation Designers.
Required background and skills:
- 4+ years experience as a conversation designer with solid commercial results for chatbots and/or voice assistant solutions
- 3+ years of experience in UX design
- 2+ years of consulting experience (from understanding to defining the strategy forward for conversational solutions), preferably with large and enterprise-level companies
- Already proven experience with prompt engineering
- 1+ years of leadership/team management experience
- 5+ years of direct client-facing experience
- Strong track record of consulting with clients, understanding their needs, and delivering on promises
- Proven experience designing for multiple channels: Apple Messages for Business, Google Business Messages, In-App, SMS, Voice, Web, WhatsApp
- Strong knowledge and experience with various conversational AI platforms, NLP, and related technologies
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Ability to effectively articulate design decisions and root them in sound reasoning
- Ability to explain complex issues in clear, non-technical language; you should be comfortable dealing with internal team members and external customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a creative and flexible mindset
- Meticulous attention to the intricacies of conversational flow and user experience
- Ability to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects, using time management skills
- Ability to review design work, providing detail-oriented feedback, guidance, and mentorship to others (colleagues and/or Clients)
- Self-motivated proactive problem solver
- Passion for Generative AI
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Linguistics or a related field is preferred
- Client Consultation & Strategy Development: Work directly with clients to understand their needs, conduct strategic sessions and/or discovery workshops with various stakeholders, consult on a conversational solution strategy to go for, consult on best practices in conversational design, and develop a strategic roadmap tailored to their objectives
- Pre-Sales Engagement & Support: Collaborate with the sales team to understand prospective client needs, lead tailored solution demonstrations, and workshops, contribute to innovative proposal development, and leverage feedback to refine our conversational design offerings, ensuring alignment with client objectives and our capabilities
- Lead & Mentor: Guide, mentor, and lead a team of Conversation Designers, ensuring they have the resources and knowledge to excel in their roles. Stay up to date with Generative AI evolution and ensure that MOCG processes and delivery are on top of required implementation practices and capabilities
- Hands-On Design: While strategic in nature, this role also requires a hands-on approach. Dive deep into the design process, crafting exemplary conversational flows, scripts, and experiences
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work closely with Developers, AI Trainers, Project Managers, and other stakeholders to translate strategy and conversational designs into implementable solutions
- Stay Updated & Educate: Keep abreast of the latest trends and innovations in the conversational AI, CX, and UX space. Conduct internal training and knowledge sessions within your community and for the entire company to ensure that the company’s skills are cutting-edge
- Presentation & Command: Present strategies, progress, and results to both internal teams and clients. Your ability to command a room will be essential in ensuring alignment and enthusiasm for the conversational projects
- Feedback Integration: Collect, analyze, and integrate feedback from users and clients to constantly refine and improve conversational experiences as well as MOCG processes
- Project Management & Cross-Functional Collaboration: Oversee multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery and quality assurance. Collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to successfully launch bot flows
Why we work at Master of Code:
We’re passionate about building conversational experiences using the latest technologies (often in beta) from tech leaders including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others. Everyday we get to work with the latest in Artificial Intelligence, most notably Generative AI. We work side by side with our customers exploring some of the most innovative chatbot use cases, features, and integrations in the industry. For instance, how can we supercharge a Fortune 500’s support team by leveraging the newly released OpenAI? We’ve become thought leaders at the center of the AI revolution.
The opportunity to build something special excites us. As ‘builders’ we are comfortable with ambiguity and motivated by challenges. We are easily bored with the status quo and are constantly looking for ways to innovate.
If you are interested in joining Master of Code, please attach your cover letter with a resume. Please include a portfolio, or any URLs or documents showcasing previous relevant work.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Winnipeg / Canada Remote